Pre-Kindergarten 4 & 5 Year Olds
Jacqueline’s School of Ballet now in our 5th year of JSB Performing Arts Preschool, invite your pre-kindergarten 4, 5 and some mature 3 1/2 year old children (by Sept. 1st) to enroll in our day time preschool. With a 40 plus year tradition of exceptional ballet and dance training coupled with performance opportunities for children of all ages, we look forward to incorporate our experience and perspective into this new division.
Tami Ault: Principal Preschool Teacher
Ms. Tami’s greatest love is teaching. She has worked as a Kindergarten aide in Alpine School District and has spent the last 20 plus years teaching preschool, including experience teaching at Peppermint House Preschool under the direction of Andrea Johnson. She feels that one of the most powerful tools in teaching children is through rhythm, music and story. Her greatest satisfaction comes when a child gains the confidence to perform on stage and shine! She has been married for 35 years and is the proud mother of 6 children and 10 grandchildren.
We will have an open, fun, energetic and loving environment for our young students to move and groove. Our curriculum will consist of three areas of focus; Academics & Arts, Dance & Movement and Music & Drama. We will also have other fun additions to the school including semester performances, field trips and individual student shine time. Our students will spend time in both a studio setting and a bright classroom. We also have a small stage in our studio for creating and performing.
What Our Program Offers:
- Alphabet And Reading – Including A Proven And Effective Individualized And Phonics-Based Reading Program
- Math And Numbers – Number Recognition, Counting And Playful Fun Math Readiness Activities
- Writing – Letters, Numbers And Student Names
- Art – Seasonal, Holiday And Creative Projects And Activities Of All Sorts
- Music – Singing, Rhythm, Rhymes And Instruments
- Drama – Classroom And Stage Presentations Including Storytelling, Puppetry, Dress Up, Act And Perform For And With Their Classmates
- Creative Movement – Fun And Exciting Weekly Dance, Creative Movement, Stretch And Exercise Time
- Social Development – Proper Social Etiquette Developed From Student Interaction, Taking Turns, Sharing And Learning About Manners
- Shine Time – Each Throughout The Year Each Student Will Have A Special Day In Which They Get To Show And Tell With Their Class A Little About Who They Are, What They Love And What Some Of Their Favorite Things About Life Are
- Story Time – Imagination At Work
- Field Trips – Two Exciting Field Trips In Which We Visit A Performing Art Productions Or A Place Of Cultural Or Community Development
- Performances – Our Young Stars Will Have The Opportunity To Showcase A Christmas Performance For Parents In An In-House Christmas Recital And They Will Also Perform At Our Year End Pre-School Graduation Ceremony
Choose between a M,W,F morning or afternoon session with classes scheduled 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Morning Session: 9:30a.m – 12:00p.m. MWF
Afternoon Session: 12:30p.m.-3:00p.m. MWF
Tuition And Fees
Tuition will be on a per month basis and will be charged on the 5th of each month. The monthly tuition will either automatically be charged to your credit card on file or deducted from your bank account vie EFT, depending on which option you set up when you register for the school year.
The tuition cost is as follows:
Morning/Afternoon Session – $170 per month
*The registration fee and half of the first month’s tuition, along with half of the Supply Fee are due upon registering to hold your child’s spot and are non-refundable.
Registration & Supply Fee
$115 supply fee per student (half due upon registration, non-refundable)
$50 Annual non-refundable registration fee will be charged upon enrollment.
Spring JSB Performance Fee (Participation is optional)
A small charge may be asked of each student prior to the attendance of our planned field trips. This cost will be determined based on the field trip location/activity and will be only the amount needed to cover the expenses of the outing (i.e. cost of admission etc.).
“I Have Been So Impressed With This Preschool!! Mrs Ault Is Amazing And By Far Exceeded My Expectations. She Is So Great With The Kids And Really Takes An Interest In Each One. It Has Been The Perfect Place For My Daughter! I Would Recommend It To All.”
MICHELLE HORNE RUSSELL
“This Program Is Incredible! Mrs. Ault Is A Wonderful Teacher, She Is Very Attentive To Each Child And Their Needs. I Am Thoroughly Impressed And Would Suggest This Preschool To All Of My Family And Friends!”
“What A Great Job JSB Preschool Did Getting Reese Ready For Kindergarten. I Help Out In Her Classroom Once A Week And I Help The Children Swap Out Their In-Class Reading Books. Most Of The Kids In Her Class Pull From The ‘AA’ Or ‘A’ Basket And Reese Is On Basket ‘C’ Which Means She Is On A 1st Grade Reading Level Right Now. Your Efforts Made Her Transition Into Every Day School Seamless As She Didn’t Have To Stress About Learning How To Write Her Name Or What Sound Every Letter Makes. There’s A Special Place In Heaven For Preschool Teachers And I Just Wanted To Say THANK YOU!!! We Love Mrs. Ault”